Broader Approach comprises three Projects
- Engineering Validation and Engineering Design Activities for the International Fusion Materials Irradiation Facility (IFMIF/EVEDA)
- International Fusion Energy Research Center (IFERC),
- DEMO Design and R&D coordination Center
- Computational Simulation Center
- ITER Remote Experimentation Center
- Satellite Tokamak Programme Participation to upgrade of JT-60 Tokamak to JT-60SA and its exploitation.
Broader Approach for Realization of Fusion
Rokkasho from the sky
BA Site in Rokkasho -Present Status-
Current Status of Broader Approach (BA) Activity
- BA activity is composed of the complementary R&D project to be conducted in parallel with ITER project for the construction of the fusion DEMO reactor.
- IFERC, IFMIF/EVEDA, and Satellite Tokamak, are in progress as scheduled.
- Various procurement agreements have been made or being prepared for "in-kind" contributions.
- All the research buildings are completed in March 2010, and "in-kind" components, such as experimental equipments for DEMO R&D, high performance computer and its peripheral systems for CSC, accelerator components and its peripheral systems, will be installed in near future.
Progress of Satellite Tokamak Programme in 2009
- The Integrated Project Team, consisting of the Project Team, JA Home Team and EU Home Team, has proceeded all the design activities as scheduled.
- All the contracts planned in the Work Programme FY 2009 were awarded. On site at Naka, the PF Coil Manufacturing Building and the PF Conductor Manufacturing Building were constructed. Manufacture of PF conductor & coil, Vacuum Vessel, Divertor materials & cassette are on schedule.
- Disassembly of the JT-60U device was started.
- JT-60SA Research Plan v2 has been documented by the JA Physics Unitand is under discussion between JA and EU.
- Copyright(C) National Institutes for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology, All rights reserved. -